Ranking
Original Post
Head wont show up...
I had my old head for awile and wanted to change it, im not sure if I remember if your able to or not but it uploaded fine and I put head.tga in my folder etc etc... I went to bed and I got up this morning and the head is just the same as when I went to bed, default. Any suggestions?
if you put the head texture directly in your customs folder, it will get overwritten when TB updates, you have to click, User CP then click head avatar, and upload your head there, or you can click torishop, then click textures, under "my stuff" and upload your head there.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Originally Posted by MrPoptart View Post
if you put the head texture directly in your customs folder, it will get overwritten when TB updates, you have to click, User CP then click head avatar, and upload your head there, or you can click torishop, then click textures, under "my stuff" and upload your head there.

I have uploaded it there, it uploaded fine. Your saying it will automatically put it there in 15 or so minutes and it will work?
You don't need to put the texture file in the Custom folder. Doing so is entirely pointless. Upload the 24bit uncompressed .tga file you have, and it should appear. Refer to that topic I linked to for further support.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
You don't need to put the texture file in the Custom folder. Doing so is entirely pointless. Upload the 24bit uncompressed .tga file you have, and it should appear. Refer to that topic I linked to for further support.

There are some errors that come up on in the autoupdate.log some of them are similar to the ones in the other thread but none of them are the same. They all came up at the time when I uploaded my head texture yesterday.

03-02-2008 07:02:33 Initializing ToriUpdate
03-02-2008 07:02:33 Fetching version updates...
03-02-2008 07:02:35 curl error - 7
03-02-2008 07:02:36 Unable to download http://asia.toribash.com/cp/ver_updates.php .
03-02-2008 07:02:36 Fetching files updates...
03-02-2008 07:02:36 files_updates.txt content invalid - server might be busy. Aborting.
Originally Posted by stix View Post
03-02-2008 07:02:35 curl error - 7

Originally Posted by Stilf View Post
If your see the text: "Curl error ... aborting" and NO file were downloaded successfully (since Toribash 3.1) , it means that Toribash can't access the internet to download the textures.
A firewall or a router might be blocking it.
More information about this, can be found here.

That might be your problem.
Any ideas on how to fix it, I have a firewall on my router I guess but I have never been able to turn it off or anything...

Edit: If I use my laptop (which I also have toribash on) and use wireless internet, will it work? My laptop dosent use a router or a firewall.

Edit2: Nevermind, fixed it... I just discconnected my router and hooked up my wireless adapter, thanks everyone.
Last edited by stix; Mar 4, 2008 at 12:16 AM.