Toribash
Original Post
Account Seller
Well I was playing a 500tc tourney and RAMBOTIGER was playing too. I got a whisper from him saying "Hey want to buy a account" and I replied "no I don't want to be scammed and banned". He then replied with "Im not gonna scam you and I want 1k. So then he offered me his "older brother's" account (apparently 6th Dan) for my 3rd dan account. Then I said i was going to report you and he left. I have proof and im uploading it in a minute. (takes a while for it to upload)

Finally I fucked up one thing though and i deleted a picture(I tried undoing something that i did) and only have one... Fuck me. Also I do not know how to screenshot :|

ADIMNS READ THIS FIRST: I was not trying to buy accounts!
Attached Images
scam report.jpg (90.0 KB, 50 views)
Last edited by Nolanrules; Aug 8, 2011 at 05:59 AM.
Strange how he's selling his brother's 6th Dan account for 1k...
Either he was blatantly scamming you, or trying to get his brother pissed off.
Did he say the account's name? He should be warned and change his password immediately.

*Please give some more details, it would help the admins greatly.
^_^
He did not leave a name of second account and by the way I fucked up the proof so now i have part of it. he tried to sell me other accounts too. But no names mentioned

Done!
Last edited by Nolanrules; Aug 8, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
Ok, so it's a would be scammer, and attempted scamming is still something to ban over.

If he was REALLY selling you accounts, he wouldn't be selling accounts.

*Looks for the Ban Hammer.*
The mod's say that only hampa cares about this stuff so I suggest going to him so you get insulted by all the mods.
... Or you can report to an admin, which is actually their job.
Hampa will just take too long, he's too busy trying to make Toribash more fun.
Admins won't do shit.

Only people that I know that have banned some one for account selling is hanz0 and Vipertech.
People in the IRC?
http://forum.toribash.com/chat_view.php?channel=support
That would be anyone with a ~, correct?

Err, back on topic, report to someone that marci5 had mentioned.
Last edited by MajorKitty; Aug 8, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
Originally Posted by marci5 View Post
The mod's say that only hampa cares about this stuff so I suggest going to him so you get insulted by all the mods.

The mods don't say that. You say that. And it's wrong.

Also, didn't I ban one of your alts for account trading?
-----
Originally Posted by marci5 View Post
Admins won't do shit.

Only people that I know that have banned some one for account selling is hanz0 and Vipertech.

And you just contradicted yourself twice in one sentence. Congrats.
Last edited by Jarmund; Aug 8, 2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
We can't see his full name and we can't see that he was trying to sell accounts, so there isn't a 100% proof, but I think showing him that picture or a PM from an admin will make him stop it.

Also, for those who don't know already. It's not only attempted scamming, it's attempted account selling wich isn't allowed either.