Ranking
Original Post
Problem in judo
Every now and then when I play in judo games online, me and my opponent end up flying away from eachother. When no one grabs, expecting the other one to grab and such, it happens pretty often for me...

My problem is that I have no eartly idea how to direct my character when jumping around. I know how to keep myself off of the ground perfectly but I cant seem to direct my character to jump where I want him to.

Most of those games just end up having to sit through all the rounds and just wait, or one of us slips up. I'm just wondering if there's any way to explain how to drect your character like that.

Thank you for your time ^^
Stuff like this comes to you with experience. Still, the gravity in judo is low enough that it allows you to use your wrists to comeback. Keep them contracted, point them away from your opponent then extend them and it should launch you towards them. You can also use your knees or legs but like I said, it mostly comes with experience. Keep trying and you'll get it eventually.
Preposterously dank.
The easiest way to move around is to get chest down to the ground and place contracted arm or leg in the opposite direction of where you wanna go and then extend. When extending, watch your ghost and only go, if the direction is where you wanna go. If it's not, better stay still than fly elsewhere.

Btw, the easiest way to avoid this is to have 1 arm grab at all times. Even if it dms, at least one player has pts advantage.
well judo is very random thats why mopst people call not a "nooby" mod because anybody can win regardless of belt
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
well judo is very random thats why mopst people call not a "nooby" mod because anybody can win regardless of belt

My tip is to grab, but I already told it. Comebacks are pretty much same as in wushu, just tfs are a bit longer, so it's harder in judo. However, I can comeback big distances in general anyway (unless my opponent runs away, in which I can sometimes catch him, but usually not)

To comeback just pay attention to your character where it's going and take a position from which (usually via extendindg leg or arm) you can come back and then when you extend, pay attention to ghost and do a good comeback. If you just seems to be heading wrong direction anyway, just hold all and keep your position.

A hold all tripod is way better than a runner for your opponent.
Just use an opener with grab and it shouldn't be an issue. The toris are too close for the grab to not connect unless you mess with the engage distance.
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Just use an opener with grab and it shouldn't be an issue. The toris are too close for the grab to not connect unless you mess with the engage distance.

Not true, if you grab with one hand it's quite possible for the hand to come off on collision.

When you grab with 2 hands, it's more likely you'll get a hold (e.g. grab clap)
If you accidently run away, point your foot in the direction where you want to go.
"People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people."