Toribash
Original Post
[Music] If You Can

ignore the other face, it's marrez's logo. i put it on there for no reason :I

it's repetative but i had to make it longer somehow

thatswhatshesaid
Last edited by Fenris; Mar 8, 2014 at 05:33 PM.
I like it! The bass is nice. The snare rolls around 0:43 seems weird (and where it's used in other parts of the song).

needs a good intro tho :c
Thank you sly

i tried to do like a glitch hop trap thingy, and also i was wondering if anyone else responds,

would you use this in an edit or do i need some work? ;o
So the vocal sample you used is incredibly annoying, and it sounds like you only used 1 synth the entire song. The percussion sounded ok, but that seems about it, the melody was very very basic and hit only like 4 notes.

Also is that 3xOsc you're using?

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
kind of lacks development of any kind, not just an intro.

the sample is great and all and it's not bad that you repeated it the whole time, the main issue was that there were no distinguishable sections in the song. tension/build-up and release are and will always be a huge part of the way that people naturally listen to music, and it's important to keep that in mind when creating. this rule has proven true all through the history of music, from skrillex to scriabin.

i can tell you were gradually adding stuff on/switching it up every two bars, but there was no "story arc" in your music, and that's what really needs to be improved. people can talk shit all they want about your sample and your synth and your snares, but as long as you have solid development, it will always be good music.

--
also, your melody can have as many notes as you want. the main section of wiz khalifa's black and yellow is literally three notes arpeggiated and we all know that's catchy as hell.

quality > complexity
Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
would you use this in an edit or do i need some work? ;o

No, there isn't any mood or anything really that comes to mind when I listen to this. I'm not sure what colors I'd use or whatever.
It sounds like something Chromatic would use tho
I understand some vocals are p shit and the synth is ass, it's my first time using vocals. I tried to base most of the synth and all that by the vocals. I guess I'll come up with something else and find my true style

So far it's chill trap , or I assume :/