Ranking
Original Post
Problems with Steam version
I've been having some little problems with the Steam version of Toribash.
Whenever I launch the game, absolutely nothing happens. Steam keeps displaying me as playing Toribash, however, this switches back to Online (Not in a game) after a few seconds.
Checking in the Task Manager, I also found toribash.exe. The exe just disappears after a few seconds.
I could run previous versions of Toribash just fine, but it's just the Steam version that doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?

I've also tried validating, reinstalling, and deleting previous versions of Toribash, but to no avail.
just wait, it just came out.
what did you think about the first few moments that it came out?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's a Steam-related bug, should be fixed by relaunching Steam.
(If it says that it needs to close tb first, kill the process using task manager)
Originally Posted by sir View Post
That's a Steam-related bug, should be fixed by relaunching Steam.
(If it says that it needs to close tb first, kill the process using task manager)

Doesn't work. I've even tried restarting my whole computer, but that didn't do anything either. And because why not, I even tried launching it on my alternate Steam account, but that also didn't do anything.
I tried to open the game after installing it from Steam but i get an error, don't know what to do with it. Verified game cache and didn't help, take a look at the screen-shot please.

http://imgur.com/3EI8XTK
Originally Posted by westernblew View Post
I tried to open the game after installing it from Steam but i get an error, don't know what to do with it. Verified game cache and didn't help, take a look at the screen-shot please.

http://imgur.com/3EI8XTK

If you could, please take your questions out of my thread. Don't exactly want the thread taken over with people giving someone else replies for something that doesn't concern me. Thanks
Last edited by Blaze47; May 21, 2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Check to see if a Program is clashing with Toribash. This has been the case with recent reports of this problem.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
Check to see if a Program is clashing with Toribash. This has been the case with recent reports of this problem.

How would I be able to check this, and what programs/types of programs would you suggest looking into?

EDIT: Okay, so I got rid of the steam version and attempted to use the version on the website. Same thing happened. I tried running the game with all the Compatibility settings all ticked, and I can see the window DID appear, but closed shortly after. Doesn't actually let me play the game though.
Last edited by Blaze47; May 22, 2014 at 08:25 AM.